5.10.2011

Mother's Day!

I have a wonderful family! They spoil me!  I awoke to this lovely sight... and to their lovely voices singing "Happy Mother's Day". 
As is our tradition on special days, I was served breakfast in bed.  Homemade crepes with a yummy cream cheese middle and fresh fruit!  The candle was to celebrate my 18th Mother's Day
They showered me with cards and gifts and flowers...
 The children gave me a very funny card. On the front it had a picture of a mixer with chocolate cake mix dripping from the beater and it read, "Good moms let their kids lick the beaters."  On the inside it said, "Great moms turn the mixer off first".  The children each wrote me a 'limerlick' (to go along with the card).

From Kaitlyn:
 There is a woman named Diona
 No, it's not Diana
 She is sweet,
 And she is kind
 And she is my momma.

From Collin:
 My mother's last name is Boyle.
 For her family she toils and toils.
 So I'm here to say, 
 It's her special day, 
 Today we will treat her so royal.

From Meagan:
 My mom is a hot super woman,
 Who does most the cleanin' and cookin'
 She never will know
 How I love her so.
 Dad, too, thinks she's pretty hot lookin'.

Aren't they just too cute!!??   Yes, they treated me like royalty all day.  Even making me stay out of the kitchen!
Later in the evening Meagan set up a special dinner-party at Judy's.
We enjoyed barbecue ribs, yellow rice, green beans, corn on the cob, chips and salsa, and a yummy-luscious cake for dessert!  
I'm so glad I'm a mom! 
I'm so thankful for my three beautiful blessings from God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!