8.22.2011

Meagan's 19th

Saturday July 30th, my friend took me out for lunch and shopping all day at the mall. Thanks Renee!

Sunday July 31st, my birthday day, was so relaxing... as tradition, I got breakfast in bed... yummy crepe's.

 

Later that day Dave and I went shopping at Beall's and the pet store. No luck at Beall's, but Dave did get a new bone.

After a yummy dinner of grilled pork chops, rice pilaf with cherry tomatoes, and a salad, my family had a game set up for me in order to earn my presents :)

Have you ever seen the TV game "Chain Reaction"? The gist of the game is to figure out a chain of words that fit together. An example would be...   "Bike-Seat-Belt-Buckle-Up"

The catch is, you only get one letter at a time and you must guess the word after each given letter. As soon as you figure out "Bike", you get an "S" under the word "Bike". You only have a few seconds to guess what the "S" could be. If you guess incorrectly the other team has a chance. So then one more letter would appear... it would look like this...
"Bike"
"Se"
So for my birthday, I was up against Collin and Kaitlyn. We played about 15 rounds, but I finally won all my gifts. But they sure put up a good fight :)
Dave was a great helper...
 
I love, love, love, the color scheme; white, black and gray with black filigree. So mom took that idea and ran with it!
 
I'm so blessed to have such an awesome family!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments!